Blackpool War Memorial
Blackpool War Memorial viewed from North Pier.
Blackpool war memorial was erected on Princes Parade, alongside North Pier. It
is a granite obelisk with large rectangular, figurative relief, panels. The memorial was dedicated,
and unveiled by Brigadier General T E Topping, on 10th November 1923. The architect was Ernest
Prestwich, the builders H A Clegg & Sons, the sculptor Gilbert Ledward and the masons Messrs
Blackpool War Memorial, 11th November, 1923.
Further info on Gilbert Ledward & Blackpool War Memorial