History articles and photographs relating to
Is a township of scattered houses, nine miles from
Preston, and 4½ from Kirkham, in the parliamentary division of Lancaster, and county council
division and Union of Garstang. The parish council consists of six members. The township contains
2,779 acres, and the rateable value is £5,424. Its population in 1851 was 680 ; 1861, 663 ; 1871,
593 ; 1881, 542 ; 1891, 504 ; 1901, 450 ; 1911, 418 ; and 1921, 473.
The principal landowners are the Earl of Derby,
who is lord of the manor, and small owners.
The CHURCH, dedicated to St. Peter, was erected in
1848, at a cost of £2,500, at the joint expense of the Venerable Archdeacon Hornby and the Earl of
Derby. It contains 300 sittings, all free. The benefice is a vicarage, value £300, in the patronage
of the Vicar of St. Michael's, and held by the Rev. Percy Hollinrake.
The BAPTIST CHAPEL at Inskip was built in 1817,
and subsequently enlarged. It will seat about 200 people. Attached is a burial ground.
Parlsh Council.—William Stuart, senr. (chairman),
W. Stuart, junr., G. Houghton, J. Crook, H. Cooper and Fredk. S. Parr. Rural District Councillor :
W. Stuart, senr. Clerk : John Swarbrick.
Post Office at Mrs. Nora Crook's. Letters to
Inskip, via Preston. Letters to Crossmoor, via Kirkham. Letters to Sowerby, via Garstang, 8-55
a.m., and are despatched at 3.0 p.m.