Ordnance Survey Map 1908
Sheet 67.02; intro by Martin
Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps; Facsimile of 1908 edition
This detailed map is double-sided to give maximum
coverage, and so covers most of the town. The main map covers the western part of
the town, with coverage stretching from Agnew Street and Beach Street westward
towards Ansdel, incl St Paul's church. Features include Marine Lake, Ansdell goods
station, Fairhaven Hotel, St Cuthbert's church, Lowther Gardens.
On the reverse we include a large part of adjacent sheet 67.03
covering Lytham town centre. Features here include railway with station and goods
station, pier, Market Square, tramways and tram shed, windmill, Assembly Rooms,
cottage hospital, Albert Hall. A shipbuilding yard on the Liggard Brook is in the
The map links up with sheets 59.13 St Annes to the west and
59.14 Lytham Hall to the north.