Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms

 
amounderness.co.uk
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England
 

 

Lytham Windmill in the 1860 & 70s

Lytham WWindmill in the 1860s

The windmill was again leased out by the Clifton Estate Office in 1863.

WIND MILL at Lytham, TO BE LET BY PROPOSAL, and entered upon 1st May, 1863, all that well-accustomed MILL, on Lytham Beach, containing three pairs of stones, viz., one French pair, one gray do., for meal, and one pair of shelling stones, all in good repair; together with extensive and convenient outbuildings, viz., drying kilns, rooms for storing corn, sheds, stabling, &c.,

Mr.Thomas Moore will show the premises, and further particulars may be had at the ESTATE OFFICE, LYTHAM.

William Cookson was born in 1820 and his parents, George and Anne (Nancy), ran Eastham Farm. By the 1860s William was a "Provision Dealer" living on Station Road, Lytham and it he probably took the lease of the windmill in 1863; he was certainly miller between 1871 & 1881.