Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms

 
amounderness.co.uk
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England
 

 

Lytham Windmill in the 1880 & 90s

Lytham Windmill in the 1880s

The windmill was again leased out by the Estate Office in 1881. William Cookson's son George was the tenant by 1881 when this advert (below) appeared in the local newspaper. John Dickinson leased the mill from 1881, and after him came Thomas Baines and then William Shuttleworth.  William Swann was the last miller at Lytham, from 1895 until 1919.


Advert for the lease of Lytham Windmill from 1881.