The Preston Guardian,
Saturday, August 25, 1855
the season at our fashionable watering places the professors of the
photographic art have full scope for the exercise of their
talents. From such places
souvenirs are often welcomed, and there can be none more
appropriate than a well-executed photographic portrait.
Mr. Preston, of the
Temple of Arts, in Blackpool, is one of the most successful
practisers ht this interesting art, and his services have during
the present season been in great demand.
The specimens of
his art which we have seen are of a high order, and he appears to
have acquired the knack of giving distinctness to the eyes, which
so few photographs possess.
An advert for William Preston, photographer, at
the Temple of Arts, Church Street, Blackpool, in 1855. This had been
the studio of John Eastham, opened in 1847.
Advert for William Preston, November, 1855 who had moved to a
studio in Bold Street, Liverpool.