Ansdell's First Station
The first Ansdell Station which stood at Ansdell Road, by the footbridge
and is seen here c1902. It was originally known as Ansdell's Gate as
it ran just behind Starr Hills, home of the artist Richard Ansdell. Ansdell &
Fairhaven were rapidly expanding districts in the 1890s and early 1900s. In 1902-3
Woodlands Road Bridge was erected along with the new "Ansdell & Fairhaven
Station". The old station became a goods yard.