other Peel Hall, Little Hulton.
Peel Hall, also known as Wicheves or Yates's
Peel Hall, Little Hulton
In the 13th century Peel or Wicheves, another
district in Little Hulton, was owned by the Hulton family who sold
it to the Tyldesleys. Later it was owned by Edmund Fleetwood of
Rossall who sold it to the Morts.
Joseph Yates of Manchester bought it in the 18th
century and his descendants sold it to colliery owner, Ellis
Fletcher of Clifton. Peel Hall was built in 1840 by Matthew
Fletcher, from the designs of Sir Charles Barry.
It stands on the site of an older hall which was
a stone building with a moat. Peel Hall became a hospital for
treating tuberculosis and later a hospital for the elderly until it
closed in 1990.
It was sold to a development company for
refurbishment but despite being a Grade II listed building it was
vandalised and became dangerous and was demolished in the mid
1990s. Text taken from this page
See also this web page Peel Hall and the Mort Family.