FIRST SITTING OF THE
FYLDE GUARDIANS IN THE NEW BOARDROOM, 1907.
In the centre to the right is the Chairman, Mr. W.
Hodgson J.P., C.C., with the Clerk, Mr. F. H. Brown, of Lytham, and some
of his staff besides him.
Opposite the Chairman is the Veterans' Bench, at
which are sat Messrs. Wm. Bradley, of Wrea Green, W. S. Hodgson, of
Freckleton (" the Father of the Board "), Jno. Gill, of Blackpool, and
Thos. Pemberton, of Lytham.
The front row is, in fact, a sort of aldermanic bench, beyond Mr. Pemberton
being Messrs. W. R. Brandwood (Blackpool), J. Titherington (Thornton) H.
Whalley (Staining), Jos. Woods (Wesham) and T. Hartley (Blackpool.
On the front row in the foreground are Messrs.
Kirkham and Cardwell (Blackpool), Rev. C. F. Smith (Lund), and Mr. H.
Bomber (Thistleton) Miss Johnson will be noticed in the extreme corner,
behind Mrs. Webber (Blackpool), Mrs. Kershaw (Blackpool) being on the
back row of the middle benches, and Mrs. O'Connor (St. Annes) at the left
hand corner of the picture, behind Mr. Jos. Wood (Chairman of the