Click here for the Grand Hotel
The Golfers Hotel
Between 1886 & 1897 the Lytham & St.Annes Golf Club had its
course on the inland side of the railway between St.Annes Railway Station and Highbury
Road. The Club leased a room in the St.Annes Hotel (site of The Crescent Pub). The hotel was
run by Rose J Holloway.
In 1897 the Golf Club moved to the present site at Links Gate, some distance
from the St.Annes Hotel. The same year Mrs Holloway had the Grand Hotel built amongst the sand
dunes at what was then the end of South Promenade, St.Annes. It was then an isolated spot
but was less than half a mile from the new Golf Club and was known as "the golfers' hotel"
because it was used by many visiting golfers.