Is a township three miles distant from Kirkham, in the parliamentary division of the Fylde, and
county council division and Union of the Fylde. The parish council consists of five members. The
township contains 1,897 acres, and the principal landowner of Greenhalgh is Fred Garlick, Esq.
The population in 1851 was 362 ; 1861, 383 ; 1871, 365 ; 1881, 38o ; 1891, 374 ; 1901, 408 ;
1911, 379 ; and 1921, 406. Rateable value, £1,773.
THISTLETON hamlet is four miles from Kirkham, and Cuthbert Pyke, Esq., of Thistleton Lodge, is
sole owner of the land.
ESPRICK, another hamlet, is three miles from Kirkham.
At Greenhalgh is a small Independent Chapel.
The ENDOWED SCHOOL was founded by Henry Colborne in 1679. His legacy was augmented in 1766 by
John Cooper, who gave go, and subsequently by subscriptions amounting to go ; from Richard Birch,
£200 ; from Ellen Dewhurst, £280 ; from Hannah Dewhurst, 727 ; and from Mary Hankinson, In 1805,
£200. A new school was erected in1904.
Parish Council.—Ben Raby (chairman), Edward J. Clark, Henry Marquis Richard Harrison and
Joseph Bamber. Rating Officer : 0. Stirzaker.
Rural District Councillor : Joseph Bamber.
Post Office at Joseph Bamber's. Letters, via Kirkham, arrive at 7-10 a.m., and 3.30 p.m., and are
despatched at 7-10 a.m. and 4-35 p.m.