Raikes Hall Estate.
c1760. Raikes Hall built by William Butcher of Kirkham.
1820-60. Owned by the Hornby family of Kirkham.
1860-70. Purchased for use as a convent by the Sisters of the Holy Child.
1871-c1901. Owned by the Raikes Hall Park, Gardens and Aquarium Company.
1901 onwards. The land was developed as a residental area; Raikes Hall became a public house.