A collection of miscellaneous local history articles, illustrations,
adverts and ephemera sorted by date or subject. Includes the A-Z residents
section of the 1934 Directory of Blackpool.
- Treeless Blackpool 1788
"Resort Without Woods" a newspaper article from 1944.
- Lane Ends Hotel Blackpool
Lane Ends Hotel Blackpool.
- Foxhall 1809
The Foxhall, Blackpool.
- Halifax to Blackpool Coach July 1811
Advert for the Halifax to Blackpool Coach July 1811.
- Sale of land Layton 1812
Advert for the sale of land and farms in Layton (Blackpool), Hardhorn, Weeton & Fairsnape, April, 1812.
- Map of Blackpool 1818
Map of Blackpool 1818.
- Large Sale of Land, Blackpool, 1831
A larger than normal sale of land in Blackpool, held at the Lane Ends Hotel, 22nd August, 1831.
- Sale of Land, Whinney Heys Blackpool, 1832
Advert for the sale of Land, Whinney Heys Blackpool, 1832.
- Adelphi Hotel Blackpool, 1838
Advert for the Adelphi Hotel Blackpool, 1838.
- Windmill Inn Layton 1839
Windmill Inn, Hoo Hill, Layton, Blackpool.
- Blackpool Market 1844
Newspaper article on the new Blackpool Market, 1844.
- Sea Trip to Blackpool 1844
- Manchester Hotel Blackpool 1846
Advert for the sale of the newly-built Manchester Hotel, Blackpool, September, 1846.
- Haddle House, Bispham with Norbreck Blackpool 1846.
Advert for the sale of Haddil House (Haddle House), Bispham with Norbreck, September, 1846.
- Blackpool Improvements 1846
A newspaper article about Blackpool Improvements 1846.
- Gynn Races 1847
An advert for the Gynn Races, Blackpool, June, 1847.
- Visitors List Blackpool July 1847
A list of Visitors to Blackpool and where they were staying, the second week of July, 1847.
- Reminiscences of Blackpool in the 1850s
Reminiscences of Blackpool in the 1850s.
- Blackpool Improvements 1863
A newspaper article about Blackpool Improvements 1863.
- Blackpool in the 1870s
A newspaper article dated 1935 in which the writer reminisces about Blackpool in the 1870s.
- Blackpool Fete 1877
Blackpool Fete, 1877, celebrating the progress made in improving the town's attractions.
- Bathing Machine Bye-Laws and charges Blackpool 1882
Bathing Machine Bye-Laws & Charges, Blackpool 1882
- Mixed Bathing
Mixed Bathing - a thing of the future!
- Blackpool Liberal Club 1899 - Herbert Wade
Architects drawing of Blackpool Liberal Club 1899
- Guide to Blackpool in 1899
Arnold School Advert 1899.
- Stained Glass Window 1901 - George Wragge
Stained Glass Window in Blackpool Town Hall designed by George Wragge,1901.
- Clayton, Poultry Dealer Blackpool, 1905
Photograph of a shopfront; J Clayton, Poultry Dealer Blackpool, circa1905.
- The Castle, Arthur T Knowles, Blackpool, 1906.
The Castle, built for Arthur T Knowles, Blackpool, 1906.
- Donnelly and Sons, Church St, Blackpool, 1909
Advert for Donnelly and Sons, Church St, Blackpool, 1909.
- Boots Chemist, Market St., West St., Blackpool, 1909
Advert for Boots Chemist, on the corner of Market Street & West Street, Blackpool, 1909.
- Schofield and Wilson, Abingdon Street, Blackpool, 1909
Advert for Schofield and Wilson, Abingdon Street, Blackpool, 1909.
- United Methodist Church, Adelaide Street, Blackpool, 1909.
United Methodist Church, Adelaide Street, Blackpool, 1909.
- Lord Street, Blackpool c1910
Lord Street, Blackpool c1910.
- Royal Visit, Blackpool 1913
The Royal Visit to Blackpool, 1913.
- Tram on Lytham Road , Blackpool c1910
Picture of a tram on Lytham Road , Blackpool c1910.
- Sands Express, Blackpool, 1911
Photograph of a temporary light railway on Blackpool Promenade,1911.
- Dickson Road, Blackpool c1918
Photo of Dickson Road, Blackpool c1918.
- Campbell's Furnishers, 1929
Advert for Campbell's Furnishers, 12, Queen Street, Blackpool 1929.
- Friends Meeting House Blackpool c1930
A picture of the Friends' Meeting House, Blackpool c1930, and the proposed new building on Raikes Parade.
- Sir John Bickerstaffe Obituary 1930
Obituary of Sir John Bickerstaffe published in The Lancashire Evening Post - Wednesday 6th August 1930.
- Queen Veras road blackpool
Information relating to Queen Vera's road blackpool.
- Cricket Friendly, Blackpool c1931
A friendly cricket match at Whitegate Park, Blackpool, c1931. Leading personalities of the town took part.
- Shaw Road Methodist, Blackpool, 1956
Newspaper article from 1956 relating to Shaw Road Methodist, Blackpool.
- F A Grime (1865-1956)
Brief article about F A Grime (1865-1956), Chairman of the Blackpol Gazette & Herald.
- Layton Convent 1956
Newspaper article from 1956 relating to Layton Hill Convent, Blackpool.
- Blackpool Grammar School, 1956
Newspaper article from 1956 relating to the 50th anniversary of Blackpool Grammar School in Raikes Parade.
Some photos and articles relating to Great Marton, Little Marton & Marton Fold, Blackpool.
- Raikes Hall Estate
Newspaper articles and pictures relating to Raikes Hall Estate & Gardens.
- History of Private Schools in Blackpool
Articles, adverts & photos relating to private schools in Blackpool.
- Blackpool Entertainment History
History of entertainment in Blackpool including Blackpool Tower, Winter Gardens, Alhambra, Palace etc.
- Alderlea and glen may villa Raikes Parade Blackpool
The history of Alderlea and Glen May Villa, Raikes Parade, Blackpool, and Richard Gorton Barlow.
- BLACKPOOL DIRECTORY 1934
Blackpool Directory 1934; contains an a-z list of householders & businesses.