Feldman's Theatre Blackpool.
The Borough Theatre opened in
September 1877 on Bank Hey Street; it was so-named because it was housed in the same
building as the Borough Bazaar. When the building was sold in December 1879, the
'Borough Bazaar' became 'Bannister’s Bazaar'.
Bank Hey Street, Blackpool c1950 with Feldman’s Theatre to the
right. The building was rebuilt in 1928 and in 1937 it was renamed Feldman’s Theatre,
after the music publisher Bertram Feldman.
Click here to see a similar recent view (opens in a new window).
In 1938 the building was extensively renovated and some
art-deco features added.
In 1952 it was again sold and became the Queen’s Theatre.
The Queen's closed in 1971 and the building was demolished
in 1972 to make way for the new store to be occupied by the C&A
department store and now houses T K Maxx.
The Queen's Theatre, Blackpool.