Treales, Roseacre, and Wharles, 1934
THREE villages—the first one mile N., the second
three miles N., and the third 2½ miles N.N.E. from
Kirkham—give name to a township which contains 4,100 acres,
all belonging to the Earl of Derby. The township is in the
parliamentary division of the Fylde, and in the Fylde county
council division and union. The parish council consists
of six members.
A neat CHURCH was erected here in 1855, at a cost
of about £2,000. It contains 300 sittings, all free. The
benefice is a vicarage value £371, in the patronage of the
Vicar of Kirkham, and held by the Rev. Henry John Allen,
Here is a FREE SCHOOL, endowed out of Dr. Grimbaldeston's Charities, left in 1725. The poor
are entitled to receive a few pounds a year arising from other
Population in 1851, 696 ; 1861, 632 ; 1871, 625 ;
1881, 560 ; 1890, 533 ; 1901, 492 ; 1911, 456 ; and 1921, 450.
Rateable value, £2,026.
Parlsh Council.—Windham E. Hale, Esq. (chairman),
John Porter, John Hesketh, Robert Cowburn and J. Shorrock
Rural District Councillor : John Porter. Rating Officer : J.
Letters, via Kirkham.