Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England


 Fairhaven Golf Club.

The Clubhouse, Fairhaven Golf Club, when the links were alongside Fairhaven Lake.

The Clubhouse, Fairhaven Golf Club 1894-99. This later became a Temperance Cafe and is now the Lakeside Cafe.

Fairhaven Golf Club was formed in 1894 with links along opposite banks of Fairhaven Lake which were linked by a footbridge.

The club payed £100 p.a. to the Fairhaven Estate.

In the Great Storm of October 1896 the course was damaged and the clubhouse submerged to the eaves.


The Clubhouse, Fairhaven Golf Club 1900-24.

In 1900 the club moved into new premises on St.Paul's Avenue. The course was opposite but in 1906-8 King Edward VII School was erected there.

The Clubhouse, Fairhaven Golf Club 1900-24.

Opening of the new clubhouse in St.Paul's Avenue, 1900.

Fairhaven Golf Club along Clifton Drive c1913.

The boundaries of the golf course shifted over the 30 years at Fairhaven as roads, houses and schools encroached. When this photo was taken about 1912 the course was along both sides of Clifton Drive. In 1924 the club moved to the present site in Lytham Hall Park.