Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England


Moss Hall Farm

This farm was situated between Moss Hall Lane and Liggard Brook.

Moss Hall Farm c1904

Moss Hall Farm c1904, viewed from across the pond. The frontage was brick-built and is thought to have been an extension to an earlier structure.

Advert for the tenancy of Demesne Farm and Moss Hall Farm, 1819.

 Moss Hall was tenanted by generations of the Parkinson family for at least 80 years until 1930, and in the post-war years by the Moore family. It was demolished in the 1960s.

--- - ---

Ridgway Coursing Meeting, Lytham, 1851. Hare coursing was a popular sport in the Victorian era with events held at Lytham. In the 1850s and 1860s this included the Moss Hall Stakes.

--- - ---

Poachers at Moss Hall Farm, 1888.

--- - ---

Sale of farm contents for John Parkinson, 1930.

Moss Hall Farm c1950 with Moss Hall Lane to the top left and Liggard Brook to the bottom right, by the Cemetery.
A) Outbuilding
B) Moss Hall Farmhouse
C) Brick Outbuilding
D) Brick Barn
E) Dutch Barn

Outbuildings (C on the plan) viewed from the farm, 1963.

Brick barn (D on the plan) with the Dutch barn (E) behind, outbuildings (C) to the left and the rear of the farm to the right, 1963.

The rear of Moss Hall Farm, 1961, when it was tenanted by the Moore family.
This part of the building was probably much older than the front.

Moss Hall Farm (front) boarded up, 1963, shortly before demolition. 

In the late 1990s development of the surrounding fields began. A new residential district known as Cypress Point was created; Laptail Row & Pintail Way were built on the old Moss Hall site.