St Annes-on the-Sea Old Ordnance Survey Map
Lancashire Sheet 59.13; intro by Martin Ramsbottom
Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps; Facsimile of 1909 edition
This detailed map covers much of the resort of St Annes,
developed from 1875 by the St Annes-on-the-Sea Land & Building Company. In 1922
the town merged with Lytham to become Lytham St Annes.
The map covers an area from North Promenade eastward to
Fairhaven, and from Nelson Street southward to the coast. Features include the
station, tramways, St Thomas church, pier, Grand Hotel, St George's Hall, golf
links, Lawrence House.
On the reverse we include adjacent sheet 67.01, showing a small
area to the south, incl King Edward VII School. Also included is an 1897 LNWR
The map links up with sheets 59.14 Lytham Hall and 67.02 Lytham
to the east.