Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England


Sandy Knoll School, St.Annes

Sandy Knoll School

Established in 1878 by John Thompson (1823-1898), Sandy Knoll School for Boys was initially on South Promenade.

Soon after it moved into a purpose-built Porritt House at 6 & 8, North Promenade (pictured). Run by by the Thompson family; father, son & daughters. The school later moved (by 1924) into premises in Mayfield Road (now British Legion Club,).